Animal Assisted Social Work (AAT) Consultation for Professionals Denver, Colorado
Expand your therapeutic toolkit and create a positive impact with our specialized Animal Assisted Social Work (AAT) Consultation for professionals in Denver, Colorado, empowering you to integrate the transformative benefits of animal-assisted therapy into your practice and enhance your clients’ well-being.
What Is Animal Assisted Social Work (AAT)?
Animal Assisted Social Work (AAT) is a specialized field within social work that harnesses the therapeutic power of human-animal interaction to enhance the well-being of individuals and communities. It involves incorporating animals, such as trained therapy animals or Emotional Support Animals (ESAs), into various therapeutic interventions and settings to support clients in achieving their goals and improving their overall mental, emotional, and social health. AAT practitioners collaborate with animals to facilitate communication, emotional expression, and connection, creating a unique and enriching therapeutic experience for clients of all ages and backgrounds. Through this innovative approach, Animal Assisted Social Work aims to foster resilience, empathy, and positive change, making it an invaluable tool in the realm of social work and mental health services.
Discover the joy of collaborating on Animal Assisted Social Work with fellow professionals who share your passion! When entering the world of AAT, it’s common to face uncertainties in ethical guidelines and procedures. Our consultation services are here to provide support as you venture into building a successful AAT program tailored to your school’s needs, crafting ethical animal or pet policies for your office, and offering supervision as you take those initial steps in the field, all while nurturing stronger connections with your clients and experiencing the profound emotional healing that comes with incorporating human-animal interaction into your therapeutic approach.
For pricing options and to schedule a consultation, please reach out to us today!
Is Animal Assisted Therapy Right For Your Business?
Explore the valuable benefits of integrating Animal Assisted Social Work into your therapeutic practice as a therapist, forging stronger connections with clients, fostering emotional healing, and unlocking new dimensions of growth through the profound power of human-animal interaction.
- Therapists seeking innovative and evidence-based approaches to enhance their therapeutic practice.
- Professionals passionate about the healing power of animals and their potential to foster positive change in clients.
- Individuals with a desire to create deeper emotional connections and increase engagement in therapy sessions.
- Those interested in broadening their expertise to work with a diverse range of clients, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Professionals committed to providing holistic and comprehensive care, recognizing the unique benefits that animal-assisted interventions can offer.
How We Can Help You
What Are The Benefits of Individual Therapy?
- Enhanced Therapeutic Engagement: Animal-assisted therapy can increase clients’ motivation and willingness to participate actively in the therapeutic process, leading to more effective outcomes.
- Reduced Anxiety and Stress: The presence of animals has been shown to lower anxiety levels and reduce stress, creating a calming and supporting environment for clients.
- Improved Emotional Regulation: Interacting with animals can help clients develop emotional regulation skills, leading to better coping mechanisms and increased emotional resilience.
- Strengthened Client-Professional Relationship: The presence of animals can facilitate a stronger bond between the therapist and the client, fostering trust and a sense of safety in the therapeutic relationship.
- Increased Social Interaction: Animals can act as “social lubricants,” encouraging clients to open up and communicate more freely, especially for those who find it challenging to engage in traditional therapy settings.
- Versatility in Treatment: Animal-assisted therapy can complement various therapeutic approaches, making it a valuable addition to a therapist’s toolkit, suitable for clients of different ages with diverse mental health needs.
How Can I Work With Lola & Me Therapy?
Lola & Me Therapy is currently accepting new clients virtually (via telehealth) and in-person at our Denver, Colorado office located at 2727 Bryan St. Suite 610, Denver, CO 80211. To learn more or get started, use the button below to schedule a free therapy consultation. If you have questions about our services or would like to speak with a member of our team you may Contact Us.
Our clinicians are available and ready to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
We work with diverse populations from children, teens, & adults in individual, couples, group, and family counseling. To see more about who we work with, click here.
We can meet in person at any our Denver office located conveniently in the Highlands area. Telehealth by SimplePractice is the technology service we will use to conduct telehealth videoconferencing appointments.
For telehealth, we will send an accessible link to your phone or email from Simple Practice. All you need to do is get comfortable in a safe space, click the link, and join for a video meeting.
To schedule a consultation you can simply click here and complete the form to secure a convenient consultation time.
We strive to meet the needs of our clients and have a variety of available therapists to ensure we can pair you with a therapist that can best support your desired goals.
We currently do not accept any insurances, however, we provide superbills for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. Many of our clients go this route and it is easy to do.
While payment is expected after each session by the client, Lola & Me Therapy will provide a superbill, which is a detailed receipt that you, the client, submits to get reimbursed from your insurance company. If approved, your insurance company will reimburse you directly since you will have already paid for the services.
We recommend calling your insurance company for more information on your out-of-network benefits, and deductibles.
We offer 50-minute sessions with an optional 30-minute add-on for an additional fee. We recommend clients attend sessions a minimum of once a week to start. Depending on the nature of the client's needs, meeting twice a week is a possibility. Once you are progressing in therapy we can move to bi-weekly or monthly maintenance sessions.